Monday, August 5, 2013

OOTD: Seeing Stripes

It's August, and in Tallahassee we may as well change the name of the month to H-O-T. These are the dog days of summer, y'all. You've got to bring a towel if you're walking to your car, which makes it a bit difficult to dress for business.

Enter the seersucker suit. Now these ripply stripes aren't just reserved for Easter Sunday and the Kentucky Derby, y'all. And whoever said this is a boys' club tradition got it all wrong. If you enter my closet, it's no secret I love this breezy fabric. I've got dresses, pencil skirts, mini skirts, shorts and even a skort. (It's Lilly Pulitzer. I'm not revisiting my prep school uniform choices, y'all!) But my favorite seersucker pieces are my suits. I've got three (white, cream and blue) and they experience heavy rotation this time of year. It's also remarkably easy to make seersucker transition into casual weekend wear, which you can't do for a traditional suit.

Today I'm keeping cool in:




The ankle pants are a way to give the seersucker a modern update, perfect for the middle of summer. It's a great way to show off a fabulous pair of heels, too! I wore mine with a pair of pointed-toe Nine West pumps in natural canvas with a white cap toe. I added a patent yellow belt and a long strand of pearls to finish the look.

Stay cool, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment