Wednesday, August 14, 2013

OOTD: Blue on Black

Today's Outfit Of The Day is a perfect example of a conservative outfit with an appropriate pop of color. I would be totally comfortable wearing this to an external meeting (in fact, I did today). 
**
It's hard to see in the picture, but the blouse's flowers are outlined in the same shade of turquoise as the skirt. The skirt is much brighter IRL. The photo below (from the LOFT website) is much more accurate to showcase the color.
I have the LOFT Scuba skirt in pink and loved it so much, I bought it in blue! I saw the blue while shopping during Florida's sales-tax holiday and it was on mega sale, so I purchased it. It was only available in my size in the "tall" version. I bought it anyway because it's incredibly easy to tailor skirts, but after wearing it I kind of like the longer length.

Blouse: Banana Republic Factory Store
Skirt: LOFT
Pumps: Steve Madden
Blazer: Ann Taylor
Bracelet: Ann Taylor

**Editor's Note: I did not actually wear these shoes to work. These pumps are NSFW (too high!) and are used exclusively for special occasions. The heel height on these babies is 4.75" and they DON'T have a platform. Talk about elongated legs!! I keep my black pointy-toe pumps at my office desk at all times, so these were all I had at home to complete the look for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment