Wednesday, August 28, 2013

OOTD: Coral and Navy

Day three of my conference: full on color.
***
This J.Crew dress is experiencing some heavy rotation in my closet. I'm wearing this piece all the time! The cut is perfect and I love the high neckline. If it came with a full skirt, I don't think I'd ever take it off. 

I topped the dress with my navy Talbots jacket that didn't make it into yesterday's post. (When packing for travel, make sure your outfits can mix and match so you can cut down on space.) 

I am in love with these shoes! I saw these Calvin Klein wedges at Marshalls in Tallahassee in early spring. I liked them, but wasn't ready to bite the bullet. Later in the summer I was visiting the beach house (there's a fab Marshalls there) and saw them on sale. 

When I purchase shoes, I try to envision the different outfits I can wear them with. I couldn't identify many options for these but I bought them anyway. I'm so glad I did! 

I've discovered coral works well into my wardrobe and that I love the bright shoe to coordinate, or to contrast. The patent is great, and I love that the stacked wedge is not too high (I'd put these at an inch and three-quarters). 

I added more splashes of color with a periwinkle patent belt and a green three-strand statement necklace. 

Dress: J.Crew
Jacket: Talbots
Shoes: Calvin Klein
Necklace: Banana Republic
Belt: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment