Monday, April 9, 2012

Tough Times

It's the end of the semester, which means there is a lot of work piling up at once. My major doesn't really require finals - I only have one this semester. It's all about projects. Big projects. Projects that I will add to my portfolio and will one day help get me a job in a big city.

Therefore, it's really important that I do well on these projects because I want to move to a big city and embrace the PR and marketing world, where you work around the clock. Or do I? It's all very overwhelming making these plans at the ripe age of 19. Am I making the right decisions that will help me to be fulfilled in my career 10, 20 even 30 years down the road?

I'm also waiting to hear if I got into graduate school. Since I'm graduating a year early I want to take another year to finish my master's degree, and I'm beginning that course work this fall. But what if I don't get in?

When I'm facing a lot of decisions about my future it's hard for me to not know the answers and to not be in control. But ultimately, I realize it's not up to me. This bible verse, from Jeremiah 29:11 helps me remember that. I find comfort in this verse and I know everything is going to be okay.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." 

Jeremiah 29:11

Do you have a lot going on at the end of the semester? Is the uncertainty of decisions in your life making things tough for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment