Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How Appreciative You Are, My Dear!

It's big appreciation at Pi Phi!

Big appreciation is a three day period where little sisters in the newest pledge class give gifts to their big sisters to thank them for being a supportive friend during their first year transition. It's very exciting to walk downstairs in the morning and find presents with YOUR name on them!

Since I have two little sisters, I have two best friends to thank for my wonderful gifts. Kathryn and Georgia, you girls are amazing. I can't even begin to tell you how much your surprises have improved my hectic week!

Here are some of the great things I received this week from my fabulous "kids".

Candles


I love candles, air fresheners, dryer sheets and anything that generally makes a room smell nice. I can go a little overkill sometimes. (Fun Fact: I'm allergic to Febreeze!) My littles got me this melon candle for Our Own Candle Company, and these things smell great! It has honeydew melon, summer melon and watermelon sections. I can't wait to experience the different scents.

Twizzlers


It's no secret I love Twizzlers. My sister and I once found these extra long Twizzlers in a Walgreens near my dad's house. The whole package was gone in three days. Yikes!

Tote Bag


I love oversized bags. I love totes. I love monograms.When they are all combined, I get giddy! Especially when you throw in a great spring color, like this gorgeous green! This is one of the most practical gifts I received all week. It's plenty big enough to carry my computer (which I take everywhere) and all my books, and would work wonderfully as an overnight bag.

Michael Kors Perfume


I'll admit, I've never been very interested in perfume. It's just not something I think about in my daily routine. I still have perfume from a year years ago. I'm talking sophomore year of high school old. I should probably go home and throw that away...

So perfume hasn't been such a big part of my life, but lately I've been thinking a lot about it. I want to find a "signature scent", but I just don't know where to begin. The whole idea seems very intimidating to me, which is why I was ecstatic to find this gem among my gifts today! 

I may have spritzed a few too many times (I'm still thinking middle school "body spray" y'all!) but I absolutely love the scent. It's light, fresh and definitely sophisticated. The MK perfume is just my style.

Do you have a big appreciation week at your chapter? Do you have it in the spring or in the fall? What's your favorite scent- for day, or night? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment